2024 SAN CARLOS CHILDREN’S THEATER
OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
Applications Available May 2024
In order to acknowledge the hard work and commitment to excellence of its students, San Carlos Children’s Theater will award up to two $250 scholarships to graduating high school seniors who have demonstrated strong leadership skills, high academic standards, and a commitment to community service and the arts.
The San Carlos Children’s Theater Outstanding Achievement College Scholarship is open to:
1) All 2024 graduating high school seniors who are planning to enroll full time in an accredited community college, four-year college or university in fall 2024 or spring 2025.
2) Students who have demonstrated a commitment and allegiance to SCCT during some period while in grades 8-12 by either participating in two or more SCCT classes or productions (performer, musician, tech crew, jr. asst. dir., dance asst. makeup volunteer, sets volunteer, etc.), working in an SCCT class/camp program, serving as a Youth Advisory Board member, or SCCT volunteer in any capacity.
3) Students who have displayed positive character and leadership skills while working on both SCCT projects and service projects in the community at large.
4) Students who can provide proof of college acceptance/enrollment.
5) Students who submit the required application and brief written statement by July 15, 2024.
Applicants may reside in any city.
Applicants do not need to study Theater or Performing Arts in college.
1) All decisions are determined by the San Carlos Children’s Theater College Scholarship Committee.
2) Financial need is not a requirement.
3) Scholarships may be used at the university, college, or community college of the student’s choice.
4) A scholarship check will be given directly to the scholarship recipients no later than August 31 after high school graduation.
Click link for application: college scholarship application 2024